It’s official: I have completely lost track of how many times we have been to Barcelona. So, what drives us to visit this city again and again? And isn’t it boring to go to the same place every year?
Well, my first time in Barcelona was a mere stopover on the way to Girona, to visit the legendary El Cellar de Can Roca. Not that I knew the first thing about this restaurant at the time. And being blown away by that first experience, we keep coming back for more. But perhaps it was not just a tourist destination for me to begin with – the more we go there, the more new places we discover, the more we want to come back.
Barcelona has everything for everyone. You can do touristy things (sights and food included), or you can go on exploring off the beaten track. People are friendly and the food, generally, is pretty amazing whether it’s a cheap local tapas bar or a more up-market establishment.
Here’s my list of favourites, in no particular order. No doubt I will add more places with my next visit.
- Tickets: Avinguda del Paral·lel, 164 – 08015 Barcelona
- Enigma: Carrer Sepúlveda 38-40, corner with Entença – 08015 – Barcelona
- Hoja Santa: Avenida Mistral, 54-56 – 08015 Barcelona
- Nino Viejo: Avenida Mistral, 54-56 – 08015 Barcelona
- Bodega 1900: Calle Tamarit, 91- 08015 Barcelona
- Tapas 24: Carrer de la Diputació, 269, 08007 Barcelona
- Rocambolesc Gelateria: La Rambla, 51-59, 08002 Barcelona
- El Xampanyet: Carrer de Montcada, 22, 08003 Barcelona
- Xiringuito Escriba: Avinguda Litoral, 62, 08005 Barcelona
- El Bitxo: Verdaguer i Callas 9, 08003 Barcelona